Preparing for your move
Once you’ve booked your removal there are various steps you need to take in order to prepare for your move and avoid any delays on moving day.
- If you decide to pack yourselves please ensure all boxes are closed and sealed. This allows the team to easily stack boxes on top of one another.
- Ensure boxes are strong enough to stack. Weak boxes can crush whilst in transit potentially damaging contents inside. We can supply sturdy boxes specifically designed for house removals.
- Please ensure boxes of books are only half filled with light items at the top.
Furniture and special items
- Unless otherwise agreed please ensure special items such as sheds, trampolines and swings are dismantled and ready to be moved. Our team will dismantle and reassemble furniture as standard.
Attics and lofts
- Unless otherwise agreed please empty attics and lofts and store the contents in a convenient spot.
Bedding and linen
- Please pack any bedding and linen in boxes or bags.
- Clothing can remain on hangers. The team will provide specialist wardrobe boxes to move your hanging clothes.
- TVs and other electronic devices are best moved in their original packaging. However, Greenfrog Movers can also supply specialist boxes to protect your electronics during the move if you no longer have the original packaging.
- If you’re able, please disconnect, drain and dry any white goods prior to our arrival.
- To avoid damage to washing machine drums whilst in transit use the fixing bolts provided by the supplier.
If you have any questions regarding the information above or how best to prepare for your move please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.